Sunday, December 19, 2010

Week Four!

I'm VERY impressed with everyones motivation to keep up with the exercise. You guys are awesome! I must admit, with the late nights trying to finish up projects, and busy days trying to fit it all in, ( not to mention being 30 weeks pregnant) it gets easier and easier to justify skipping out on the exercise for the day. But if I can just squeeze in at least 30 minutes I feel SO much better. This week, with the kids home, and if you are like me, still trying to finish up shopping and projects before Christmas, this might be the most challenging week yet. Do what you can, don't be too hard on yourself if you just can't squeeze it in.

So how did everyone do with last weeks challenge? Anyone fall in love with a new form of exercise? Let me know if you got the bonus in for last week in addition to your workouts. This week is usually the week when all the sweets and treats start flooding in everywhere around you. No, I wouldn't dare challenge you not to eat any of them. I think you should eat your favorites. But let those be the key words; "your favorites." Don't waste the calories on anything less than what you absolutely love! When friends, neighbors, or co-workers bring by those treats, thank them, of course, but then put them OUT OF SITE! If you leave the goodies on the counter where you will pass by them and see them all the time, they will be calling out to you, "eat me, eat me!" And chances are, you probably will, even if they aren't your favorites. Put them out when family or friends come by to share, but when they are gone, put the sweets back in the pantry, or in a drawer, or anywhere BUT the kitchen counter!

So I thought for this weeks bonus challenge, I would challenge you to get in your five servings of fruits and veggies per day. Make yourself a deal; If you eat your 5 a day, then go ahead and justify eating a few of "your favorites." But make sure you are getting the calories your body needs first! Then hopefully, you will eat less of those empty calories, right? That is the idea anyway. A serving of fruit or vegetables is approximately 1/2 cup or a single piece of fruit like an apple or and orange, or 1 cup of greens like spinach or leafy vegetables. I am going to post a recipe that I tried out a couple weeks ago that I LOVED!: Black Bean-Chicken Taco Salad with Lime Vinaigrette. I thought it would be a refreshing change from all the rich foods this week. Check it out on the recipe tab.

I hope everyone has a wonderful week, spending time with family and loved ones, I am looking forward to it. Merry Christmas.

7 comments:

  1. I got 6 work outs in this week...and I did the challenge! I am still sore from doing the elliptical and weights...and it was kinda fun...but I enjoy my classes more! I was late Thursday and missed group kick. Had it not been for your challenge, I probably would have just skipped that day! :o) I'm definitely going to try that recipe! Sounds YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got all 7 this week again plus the challenge: I went for a jog for the first time in a LONG time! It was actually pretty refreshing! Thanks again for doing this Jani!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got in my 7 points, plus the challenge. I went rollerblading - my heartrate was probably up only due to the fear factor of wiping out. But it was fun and yes, I felt my back end:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got 3 again this week. I tried a Zumba class with a completely different instructor (Candice at Solace), and my abs and butt were screaming at me after. It was fun to experience a whole different Zumba world. I bought lots of fruits and veggies to give this week's challenge my best effort. It may only be a 3 for me, but it's seriously 2 more than I would've done without the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 4 for me this week. This challenge has been real good for me. Compared to last years behavior at this time, I've already won. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. 7 for me this week plus the bonus. I did my first P90X workout this week. Thanks for helping me mix it up, I am a creature of habit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm late posting but I for 6 and the bonus. Woopwoop

    ReplyDelete